Welcome to FireupWP (now known as WPCD.Cloud) Release 4.2.0. We’re really happy to push this feature release out the door even just in time for Christmas! It’s getting to the end of a very weird year!
New: Power Tab On Servers
You can now restart your servers directly from a SERVER screen – you no longer need to go to your cloud providers’ panel to get this done.
New: Charts On The Statistics Tab
When you collect statistics on the server Statistics tab, the data is now shown in colorful charts by default:
You can switch back to a text view on each chart to view more detailed data.
New: Reset File Permissions Tool
Over time you might find that the file permissions become inconsistent in your WordPress folders for a particular site. This can happen most often when files are uploaded via sFTP by users with different permissions. You can now reset the permissions to their defaults with one click:
You will be able to access this option under a sites’ TOOLS tab.
Improved: Better Data On Digital Ocean Droplets
When deploying a new WordPress server, you will now see some additional pieces of information next to each droplet’s name:
- Number of CPUs
- Data Transfer Allowance
Before, you could infer this data from the name or look it up on the DigitalOcean website. Now it’s just easier to see at a glance right at that point where you need it.
Additionally, you will no longer see sizes that are unavailable.
- We have increased the default php buffers for new sites.
- We updated the list of WP versions to include the latest ones.
- Updated BASH scripts using WP CLI to not load plugins when running most WP CLI commands.
- Added code to inject the password for a new site directly into the DB since WP-CLI does not like certain characters in the password. The new way still does not accept all special characters but it’s better than before.
- Added an option in the SETTINGS screen to remove the “local host” nag – sometimes that warning is just a false one (eg: server pilot will always report that the ip address of the site is a local host).
- Added a warning when permalinks on the WPCD site is set to the default. We can’t use the default permalinks – it must be set to one of the other “pretty” permalink options.
- Added a few reminders to the CHANGE DOMAIN screen.
- When changing domains or cloning a site, we now revert the WP records to use ‘http’ if we’re unable to get an SSL certificate.
- Prevent logging of sFTP credentials to the database log.
- Fixed a conflict with WooCommerce – if WC was installed before WPCD, activating WPCD caused a WSOD.
- We fixed an issue where we were not checking to see if a valid array or object was returned from a function call before using said object/array.
We never wrote a blog post about this release because there were only a couple of new things in it. So we’re including those items here:
New: Choosing Languages
When WordPress is being installed, you can now select a language. Prior to this feature being implemented, the WP installation was always in US English – which meant that you had to wait until your first login to change the language for the site.
New: Automatic Updates
You now have the option of automatic updates directly from our servers. You can enable this by entering your license keys on the SETTINGS->LICENSE screen.
Unfortunately, to get this implemented we had to update every single add-on. So you’ll need to update those as well in order to get automatic updates for them in the future.
- Delete links are removed from Virtual Providers if the virtual provider is in use.
- The title for virtual providers is now a required field.
- If a provider is in use by a server, a warning is now shown in the settings screen – this should serve to warn the admin not to make changes that might break a server.
- Use the function get_active_providers in place of get_providers in a number of places across all apps.
- A few text strings were not wrapped in translation function calls.
- When copying a site to another server, remove any app post records for that server that references that site. This prevents duplicate app records for the site that point to the same server.
- Remove extra request for the mbstring php module when installing new servers.
- Misc fixes to the 08-backup.sh bash script for removing orphaned backups and showing orphaned backups.
- Various security related fixes.